Thursday 5 February 2009

One small step...

Hi Everyone!

Welcome to my blog about living in Montevideo, Uruguay :)

I remember trying to research this wonderful little city and country before I departed on my adventure here and found it close to impossible to get some decent (and recent!) information...as such this is my small contribution toward solving that problem.

Feel free to leave comments, ask questions and correct me when I'm wrong (its VERY rare but has been known to happen once or twice).

It'll take me some time to get my first few posts up (seeing as I still have to get internet in my apartment) but for now you can quench your thirst for information with an expat interview I did for the Total Uruguay Blog. It explains all about why I moved here, how the transition went, what I found difficult etc. You can read it here

5 comments:

  1. Irishblogger: Great stuff. Articulately presented and informative. You went to a lot of effort to type it all up and it's admirable. I may never make it to Uruguay, but finding posts put up by thoughtful people with brains gives it a whole new attraction. Regards, Norden M. Kelly (emperor-for-life)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I might need some additional info, can you please contact me at dudibgd@gmail.com, thanx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I really like your blog and am glad I found it. I just moved here from the U.S., with my husband who is from here. Even though I had been here before, the depth and breadth of your info is really helpful for both of us. I just wish I had read the clothes section before coming... Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog. Fun, exciting, and very engaging. I appreciate all this wonderful info. I spent almost all of 2009 in Buenos Aires. Studied Castellano there. Been back in NY for the past few months and now I'm heading to Montevideo for a few weeks. Should be there in just over a week. I was there very briefly in May 2009 -- for the infamous visa renewal trip!! -- and now I'm returning to, perhaps, start speaking there about all sorts of crazy things that I speak about. hehehe... well, thanks again. please continue your work! I'm also thinking about blogging about montevideo while I'm over there ;) So watch out!!! hehe... j/k. peace. dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad i found this blog Ive just moved to Uruguay from the UK, and the advice is great.
    I was actually born in Montevideo but moved to the UK at the age of 3, i love the easy going lifestyle here but am missing a lot from the UK.
    Spicy Food is a major one, so will check back to see if you ever find that Indian restaurant:)
    Karina.xx

    ReplyDelete